JBoss AS is an open-source market-leader Java EE-based application server which enables the development and deploying of enterprise Java applications, Web applications and Portals.
This post instead attempts to generate a five minutes “ready-steady-go” checklist with the basic steps to setup and use JBoss (*) for your development. Hopefully it can save you some time in the initial starting-up process. Good luck.
- Download the package from JBoss Download Center and unzip it.
- Execute $JBOSS$/bin/run.bat
- On your browser invoke http://localhost:8080
Understanding JBoss Directory Structure
JBoss top-level directory structure
- bin: scripts
- client: jars required by clients running outside JBoss
- server: JBoss Server configuration (see below)
- lib: JBoss Jar files (Do not place your own libraries in this directory).